Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wear Sunscreen



This weekend, the husband and I took a little bike ride to the Manhattan Beach Pier. Then we decided to go a little farther. And a little farther. The next thing we knew, we were strolling through the gorgeous Venice canals (such a beautiful, hidden gem of Los Angeles).

All in all, we rode 25 miles and, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but we had some pretty bad sunburns to show for our fun in the sun. I'm normally such a strong proponent of sunscreen so I was really annoyed that I had fallen victim to the harsh rays of the sun. As I watched the red burn on my hands develop, getting deeper and deeper, I couldn't get the opening lines of Baz Luhrman's "Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen" out of my head.

So, to my lovely FEST readers, please WEAR SUNSCREEN!

To read more about my wardrobe challenge, click here and to see all 2012 outfit posts, click here.

PS... Be sure to check out my guest post today on A Home Away From Home. I'm talking about Jerusalem.

16 comments:

Lissa @ The Looking Glass said...

amen, sister! i had a skin cancer scare and i'm pale-skinned like you. yikes.

you should wear a moisturizer that has sunscreen in it! mine's SPF 30. it protects on random days like your bike ride :)

xo

Rachel Lynne said...

Such a cute outfit and I LOVE your necklace!

xoxo,
Rachel
www.rachelslookbook.com

Erica [pocket full of chuckles] said...

love your outfit! and wow - 25 miles is awesome! i always used to forget to put sunscreen on when i rode my bike but i recently attached a little pouch with sunscreen on the back so i never forget!

Katy Rose said...

Love how simple yet adorable this outfit is! It's perfect for this time of the year. - Katy

Japolina said...

I'm a sunscreen fanatic. I went to the beach a few weeks ago and while everyone around us was baking, we were loading up on the sunscreen. I missed one spot on my thigh and had a huge red mark there! Ouch.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

What a chic outfit!

Kathleen Lisson said...

Sunscreen and a hat! I like your necklace, it's very pretty.

Chi said...

nice outfit :) and you have such a great smile :*

hannah said...

I have had more burns than I care to admit to. Being Australian, this is unavoidable and simultaneously inexcusable given that we're educated about melanoma from birth here. I love having a tan but am sticking with St Tropez spray these days.

I just read your post about J-Town. Love it! We would love to move to Israel but it is a hard life there (though, frankly, from a financial perspective Sydney isn't much better). It really is the one place I feel like I belong. America comes second and Australia third...odd given than I am Australian born and bred!

Diana Mathias said...

I really like your blog, and am your newest follower!

Diana
www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

Mode a'Portee said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog ~~ I truly appreciate you sharing the support!

Btw, you are correct, nowadays we need some pre-caution about our skin, in taking care of it!! And one of the small things should be wearing sunscreens..

Love the food idea..Great blog! I am following u back.

Elizabeth Westgate said...

Yay for sunscreen! My best friend during summer months. Lovely outfit - I really like the stripes against the bright pink cardigan! Very cute!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment.

xx Your newest follower,
Elizabeth

http://champagne-escapades.blogspot.com

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

such a great look! i love stripes with red cardigan :)

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

jas said...

love the stripes!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Emily Devine said...

I love your blog! Your photos are beautiful. I grew up in Manhattan Beach, I was so excited to see you mentioned it in your post! Most people have never heard of it.

And I hate forgetting sunscreen, no fun at all...

navy and orange said...

love the stripes!

xoxo navy & orange