Friday, March 30, 2012

Wanderlust: Athens

Yesterday morning, I dropped my parents off at the airport for a big trip. Their first stop is Athens, Greece followed by Jerusalem, Israel and then Istanbul, Turkey. When I imagine Greece, I usually picture islands like Santorini with white/blue houses and cliffs that offer stunning views of the Mediterranean. But the capital city of Athens has always eluded me too. I would love to marvel at the ancient structures and pay homage to the birthplace of democracy. (Not to mention dine on some fabulous food!)

Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

4 comments:

Redheaded Daybook said...

omg. athens is so pretty!
i need to plan a trip

the actor's diet said...

i've always wanted to go to greece! when i lived in nyc we were in a greek neighborhood. now that we live in LA we never eat greek food anymore; just doesn't compare!

Via Los Angeles said...

Oh my gosh. This is a wonderful blog. I want to travel now...and eat that lemon scented bread! Eep!

Just found your blog and it is so cute and inspirational. I found it through your comment on Cup of Jo. If you love LA, you might like Via Los Angeles. It's "Your Little Black Book to the City of Angels."

http://www.vialosangeles.com

I'll be checking back here!
xoxo

Nikki @ The Ginger Diaries said...

That trip your parensta re making sounds more than exciting! I wish I was in their place ^^ Athens looks beautiful but considering the actual political situation I'd rather not visit Greece for now. x