Friday, January 20, 2012

Oatmeal Smoothie


Last week, I posted a rather indulgent breakfast recipe. This week, I'm offering a smoothie that is healthy, creamy, energizing, and perfect for someone who tends to eat breakfast on-the-go. Start your morning right.

Total Time: 5 Minutes
Yield: 1 smoothie
Nutrition Information: 415 calories, 5 grams fat, 785 mg potassium, 7.5 grams fiber, 15.5 grams protein

INGREDIENTS:

1 banana
3 frozen strawberries or equal amount of frozen raspberries
4 Tablespoons greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:

Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Mmm, smoothies are my favvorite! Perfect filler-upper and healthy too!

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

With Love. M

Laurie said...

this sounds delicious and healthy! i will have to try it for sure!

laurie
www.love-laurie.com

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

This sounds fab! I am a big fan of breakfast shakes. Do the oats blend up real fine so you don't taste the.. chuckiness? lol Just wondering. I made a shake the other morning and put orange slices in... BAD idea. It was sooo pulpy, I couldn't handle the texture.

Laurie said...

my husband and i tried this recipe and we LOVED it! i even featured this smoothie today on my blog. check it out here

laurie

smoothies said...

Thank you for sharing tasty post on "Oatmeal Smoothie " it is awesome, you can include smoothie in your another recipes post which will be healthy, nutritious food!
more info visit :smoothies