Sunday, January 15, 2012

Flowing Lava


Have you guys ever seen flowing lava? In 2010, my husband and I traveled to the big island of Hawaii with a goal to see flowing lava. The timing couldn't have been worse as we had to trek trespass for 5 hours on crumbly hot black rock to finally stumble upon a tiny red glow of lava hidden behind a crack in the rock. We were terribly excited about the glow in the crack, but seeing these pictures of Alex and Mina of Sending Postcards in Guatemala make our experience feel so inferior.

What an experience it would be to see the process of earth being created up close and personal like this!

12 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

Amazing photo. I've never been so close to lava before. It's breathtaking.

THanks for stopping by The Girlie Blog, by the way.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

stephanie said...

wow that is breathtaking! and kind of scary. your blog is lovely! xo

Heather Belle said...

Terrifying & awesome all at the same time! So jealous!

april@gingerbread said...

Thank you for the sweet comment....now following...xoxo

April said...

I lived on the big island for 3 years... loved the crazy adventures i took there! Loving your blog!

XX

hannahstiff said...

I would love to see lava flowing. It's pretty breathtaking in pictures! I'm excited for you new blog adventure! I just started following! Come on back, say hi and follow back:) XO

real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
4scarlet.com

Annie said...

Wow - those pics are amazing! That looks a REALLY awesome thing to do and it's kinda on my bucket list now :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Very cool! I don't know if I'd be excited or totally freaked out to see this!

The Jones said...

Wow that's incredible...I used to want to be a geologist, so I spent hours watching videos of volcano eruptions and looking at lava rocks (I was a weird child). Such neat pics!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Wow! Beautiful blog.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

oh gosh, this is my husband's dream!!
xo TJ

melissamevans said...

AMAZING pictures...this is on my bucketlist for sure!! What an experience :)